Last updated May 3, 2015
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your Hooch account is an email address and password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name.
- Billing information. We collect billing address and credit card information if you purchase a premium subscription on Hooch. Credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored at Hooch.
- Log data. When you use Hooch, our servers automatically record information, including information that your mobile device sends whenever you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain personally identifiable data and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Hooch on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Hooch usage information. This is information about which venue, features, redemptions you interact with within Hooch and what integrations with related services you use.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Hooch may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Log-in cookies are associated with your Hooch account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other cookies are not tied to your Hooch account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things.
Hooch sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Hooch service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content and services to you.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a specific user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Hooch secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through Hooch using In-App push notification or other in-product messaging tools.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Hooch users about new product features or other news about Hooch. You can opt-out of these at any time.
3rd Party Partners
Hooch partners with top bars, restaurants, and 3rd party brands to provide you with exclusive promotions and discounts. Here are some ways we may share data with our partners:
- Venue Partners. Bars and Restaurant partners will have access to non-personally identifiable data for their venue, including drink or promotional redemption records, as well as general demographic data.
- 3rd Party Sponsors. 3rd Party Brand Sponsors will have access to non-personally identifiable data for any Hooch members elect to participate in a particular promotional campaign for the campaign period. For certain campaigns, Hooch members may be offered a chance to opt-in to 3rd Party email list at the member’s discretion.
- Referral Partners. Hooch works with 3rd Party Partners to refer new members to sign up for Hooch services. From time to time, Hooch is required by these 3rd Party Referral Partners to share back demographic and contact data collected from the specific members referred through their services. Please make sure you understand the individual requirement for these referrers prior to signing up through a specific referral link or invite code. You can always sign up directly through Hooch.co or by searching for the Hooch App in the App Store or Google Play Store without a referral code to avoid any potential data shared with 3rd Party Referrers.
Hooch takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Hooch service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
Hooch is not directed to anyone under 21. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the email address on the bottom of this page.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Hooch after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
119 W 24th Street FL4
New York, NY 10011