Updated November 1, 2018
We have developed and continue to improve a system that allows our users to opt-into categories in the hospitality and retail industries that are relevant to you and allow you to earn rewards from brands for purchases or actions.
A certain level of permissioned access to your data, such as your purchase history, is required so that our system can correctly apply the relevant rewards amount to your account. Whenever data is required we use industry standard 3rd party partners (“Secure Data Gateway Partner” or “SDGP”) to securely access and record that information into our system. Before data is access, we surface a request for your permission in the APP experience and give you the opportunity to grant permission to such 3rd party Secure Provider.
Once data is accessed with your permission, they are securely stored in a private database using advanced cryptography (“Encrypted Data”), separate from any personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address. Your Encrypted Data will be used within our system to identify earnings and rewards, and facilitate offers from brand advertisers. In no instance is your Encrypted Data ever transferred outside of our system to any parties without your permission.
When you use TAP Rewards (“TAP”) inside the HOOCH® APP, the APP will ask you to optionally connect the credit card(s) to verify qualified purchases via our 3rd party Secure Data Gateway Partner PLAID. The first 11 digits of your credit card(s) are masked, neither HOOCH or TAP store your full credit card info in our databases. We use your transaction history to identify qualified purchases and confirm your rewards amount, and to maintain and improve the performance of HOOCH® APP and TAP Rewards.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The information we require to create your HOOCH® APP account is an email address and password, securely stored in a separate database from any permissioned data obtained through 3rd party Secure Data Gateway Partner. You will have the option to earn TAP Rewards, in order to do so, you will need to grant permission and connect at least one (1) credit or debit card account in-app via API from our 3rd party Secure Provider partner.
- Card statement. When using HOOCH® APP powered by TAP we will have access to limited transactional information on secure servers where we will match the merchant names of our merchants and brand partners with any of your purchases. When our system finds a match it will reward you in your TAP Rewards account. Limited information used in this verification process may be displayed to merchants and brand partners via our system, include merchant name, date, amount of purchase and the last 5 digits of your credit card.
- Billing information. If you purchase a premium subscription for the HOOCH® APP, we collect billing address and credit card information, separately from data obtained via our 3rd party SDGP. Credit card payment information is securely collected by our payment processing partner (“Payment Processor”) STRIPE and is not stored in HOOCH® APP or TAP Rewards database. This is a separate and unique process that does not interact with any other permissioned data sharing on transaction history.
- Log data. When you use HOOCH® APP, our servers automatically record information, including information that your mobile device sends whenever you’re using it. This log data may include your IP address, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain personally identifiable data and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using HOOCH® APP on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- APP usage information. This is information about which venue, features, redemptions you interact with within HOOCH® APP and what related offers and services you use.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. HOOCH may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful, such as aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
How We Share and Store Your Information
We make every attempt and stay current with our technology to protect end user information in our possession. We use data protection controls such as data encryption, firewalls, access controls, and monitoring. Our controls are consistently reviewed against industry-standards.
We do not sell or rent user information to marketers or other third parties unless otherwise described in this Policy. We may share your information:
- With your permission for rewards purposes to our rewards partners;
- With our service providers, partners, or contractors in connection with the services they perform for us or our developers;
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In connection with a change in ownership or control of all or a part of our business (such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy).
We may collect, use, and share information we collect in an aggregated or de-identified manner (that does not identify you personally) for any purpose permitted under applicable law. This includes creating or using aggregated or de-identified data based on the collected information to develop new services and to facilitate research.
We retain information we collect about you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted under applicable law, regulation, or contract. As permitted under applicable law, even after you stop using an application or terminate your account with our developers we may still retain your information (for example, if you still have an account with another developer or if there is residual information within our databases or systems); however, your information will only be used and shared as required by law or in accordance with this Policy.
We use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing the HOOCH® APP or TAP Rewards services. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content and services to you as well as issuing the rewards promised based on your spending with our partners.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a specific user.
- Improving redemption services and selections. We work with our vendors and brand partners to improve our rewards selections to better fit your preference, using information from your usage and aggregate usage from all users and deliver more customized services to you.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep HOOCH® APP secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
Communicating with you:
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through HOOCH® APP using In-App push notification or other in-product messaging tools.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to HOOCH® APP users about new product features or other news. You can opt-out of these at any time.
- Mobile Device Use. When you use the mobile application or mobile versions of our APP or website, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (the “Device ID”).
- Device IDs allow app developers, advertisers, and others to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data.
- We may use your Device ID to contact you directly through push notifications. Additionally, we may use Device IDs to monitor suspicious activity. For example, if we detect that a single account on a Site is being accessed from multiple devices, as determined by tracking the Device IDs that access an account, we may contact the user to ensure that such access has been authorized by the user.
- Device information we process may be transferred to, stored, and processed in, the United States, or any other country in which HOOCH® APP, TAP Rewards or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain operations. By using and providing information to us through the APP or website, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your device information to any such country in order to provide APP services.
Third party offers, advertisements, and data collection
As user of our APP and services, you grant our Secure Data Gateway Partner, Payment Processor, other other partners the right, power, and authority to access and transmit your data as reasonably necessary for such partner to provide respective services. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information will be treated by each partner in accordance with their respective private policy. You furthermore expressly grant all partners the right, power and authority to access and transmit your data to HOOCH® APP and TAP Rewards as reasonably necessary to provide the services to you.
Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Log-in cookies are associated with your HOOCH® APP account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other cookies are not tied to your HOOCH® APP account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things.
HOOCH® APP sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
We takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the HOOCH® APP and TAP Rewards service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
Identifying & Reporting Minors (Children’s) information
HOOCH® APP is not directed to any U.S. persons under 21. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the email address on the bottom of this page.
HOOCH, Inc. will update this policy from time to time in order to upgrade its policy to match any new features we may add to the APP, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use HOOCH® APP and website after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
140 West Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013